This is a complete guide to setting up Nucleus Prayer.
In this in-depth guide, you’ll learn:
- How to install Nucleus Prayer on your website
- Steps for customizing your PrayerFlow, receipt emails, and privacy controls
- How to use the dedicated PrayerTime mode
- And much more…
Nucleus Prayer is free for every church. And it works on any website.
So if you’re ready to get Nucleus Prayer up and running – let’s get started.
What is Nucleus Prayer?
Nucleus Prayer is a dedicated online prayer solution for your church.
It’s our newest, free product for churches. It lives inside the Nucleus Next Steps Launcher (also free) so it can be installed on any church website. And it’s made up of three core modes:
- Prayer Request: an elegant path for people to share their prayer needs with your church
- Prayer Hub: a safe & secure prayer wall where your faith community can see all prayer requests at a glance
- PrayerTime: a dedicated mode for personal prayer that minimizes distractions and allows users to pray for needs in their church one at a time
The importance of spiritual practice online
In my experience, church tech platforms are largely focused on building tools to help facilitate in-person gatherings – ignoring spiritual practice.
But consider Paul writing his Epistles and praying for each church he’s writing to – even when he was physically distanced from them:
- “I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers…” – Eph. 1:16
- “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine…” – Phil. 1:3-4
- “We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you…” – Col. 1:3
Now when I see this, I think to myself – this is a model for spiritual practice that has existed from the earliest days of our faith…from its infancy.
When physical proximity wasn’t possible, Christians were still praying for each other.
And it’s true, we continue to live through a global pandemic that has greatly affected our ability to interact.
But before that ever took place, this simple reality existed:
Your week has 168 hours…if Sunday service is just 1 hour – how is your church reaching people in the other 167? My suggestion? Seize the 167.
We’re living through the biggest communication shift in 500 years. It’s not always easy. But the opportunity is massive. Especially in verticals that haven’t been fully explored online – like the spiritual practice of prayer.
There is so much we *can* do in our faith communities with prayer when physical distance exists.
So to help, we built Nucleus Prayer: a platform dedicated to encouraging spiritual practice online in your faith community – free for every church.
Here’s how it works…
Here’s how Nucleus Prayer works
Nucleus Prayer lives inside the Nucleus Next Steps Launcher. Once the Launcher is installed on your church’s website, activating Nucleus Prayer inside of it is simple.
- Create an action inside your Launcher for Nucleus Prayer
- I recommend using active language here – give your action a title like Pray with us instead of just Prayer
- In the Action Type setting, select Prayer
- And that’s it! Now Nucleus Prayer is active inside your Next Steps Launcher
Now, when your Launcher is opened, you’ll see your Nucleus Prayer action available. In the example below, I’ve set Nucleus Prayer as my featured action in my Launcher – meaning I’ve added an emoji and description to make it more prominent.
Now, when you click on the Pray with us action here’s what to expect:
- First, you’ll be presented with a screen that outlines the church’s posture on prayer – this is fully customizable
- Second, you’re given the choice to either submit a prayer request for yourself or view the full prayer hub and the needs of others
How to submit a prayer request in Nucleus Prayer
Here’s how to submit a prayer request in Nucleus Prayer:
- Begin by selecting the Start a prayer request button
- Fill out the PrayerFlow
- Enter your name and email
- Select whether or not you’d like follow-up from the church
How to view the prayer wall in Nucleus Prayer
To view the prayer wall in Nucleus Prayer, follow these simple steps:
- Begin by selecting the View prayer wall button
- Sign in using your Nucleus 2 account credentials
- And now you can see every prayer need in your faith community – and sort by answered/unanswered
How to enter the PrayerTime focus mode in Nucleus Prayer
To enter the PrayerTime focus mode in Nucleus Prayer, follow these steps:
- Begin by signing in to the Nucleus Prayer prayer wall for your faith community
- Select the Pray with us button at the bottom of the prayer wall
- Then select the Pray now (focus mode) button
PrayerTime is a full-screen experience in Nucleus Prayer to minimize distractions. And now you can cycle through each of the prayer needs in your church individually and pray for each one at a time.
How to manage Nucleus Prayer as an admin
Now that we’ve explored the front-end experience of Nucleus Prayer, here’s an overview of the admin dashboard.
When you sign in to your Nucleus 2 dashboard, you’ll see Prayer as one of your products, click that.
In your inbox, you can see prayers at a glance – or, click into individual prayers to see their timestamps, contact info, and if they requested follow-up.
In the PrayerFlow tab, you can configure your settings including privacy, customizing your receipt emails, thank you page, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Nucleus Prayer protect sensitive and vulnerable prayer information?
This is a crucial question for us. Why? Because to date, popular prayer tools haven’t kept prayer data from being indexed and aggregated by search engines. This means that the most vulnerable and private parts of people’s lives are publicly available and connected to real names.
And the thing is, our prayers should be vulnerable and honest and raw, right? And there’s power when those burdens are shared with permission in faith communities.
But marital strife, medical conditions, and the like don’t need to be public beyond that. And this is why Nucleus Prayer requires users to have an account to view prayers within their church.
This keeps prayers safe and sacred – and also prevents abuse.
What about more advanced tools in Nucleus Prayer?
More advanced tools for Nucleus Prayer are also available. This includes moderation tools and the ability for admins to approve, deny, or edit prayers before they’re shared on the prayer wall. Private inboxes are also available and those come with the ability to route prayers automatically to specific ministries or leaders within the church.
These advanced tools are part of the paid version of Nucleus Prayer that costs $9/month.
Ready to start using Nucleus Prayer?
We didn’t want cash flow, church size, or budget approval to get in the way of your church using Nucleus Prayer – which is why we made it free!
So if you’re ready to get started, simply click the banner below. If you get stuck at all, refer back to this article, explore our Prayer help documentation, or reach out directly to the team of real people working here at Nucleus.